Selenium RC allows selenium testing to be automated — run as part of unit test suite.
- Download it. Package includes both the server and clients that you can use to write your tests with.
- Ensure the Selenium RC server is running. Requires single jar invocation as shown in the tutorial.
- Server can only be started once — otherwise socket-related exception results.
- I have had some strange problems with security in Internet Explorer. The first request works, but subsequent requests fail with security exceptions — and the first request waits on a “do you wish to close this window dialog”. Perhaps a Windows update has affected it.
- Firefox 3.0 will not start
UPDATE: I just noticed that the Selenium IDE (Firefox) actually generates sourcecode for tests — not just HTML markup