Archive for September 2008
I wish I could filter my newspaper…
Selenium RC allows selenium testing to be automated — run as part of unit test suite.
- Download it. Package includes both the server and clients that you can use to write your tests with.
- Ensure the Selenium RC server is running. Requires single jar invocation as shown in the tutorial.
- Server can only be started once — otherwise socket-related exception results.
- I have had some strange problems with security in Internet Explorer. The first request works, but subsequent requests fail with security exceptions — and the first request waits on a “do you wish to close this window dialog”. Perhaps a Windows update has affected it.
- Firefox 3.0 will not start
Turns out the latest version does not work in Windows XP. Invoking convert results in error:
convert: missing an image filename 'file.jpg'.
And to get 5.5.7 to work I had to rename the Windows version of convert because of the error:
Must specify a file system
encountered when attempting to use convert.exe version 5.5.7.
Image Converter Plus is a piece of crap — and is only a one day trial.
We are using NAnt with an FTP build task.
I will combine this with our subversion repository to enable one click deploy. Also may convert Selenium script so we can run that at the same time.
There does not seem to be an official FTP task, however there is the one mentioned above. It does not include delete for some reason which is unforunate. Perhaps we should switch to Ant which does have a fully working delete.
Additional tasks required: